Monday 6 April 2009

Smoke and Glass.

While I get a real kick from wedding and portrait photography, I love, occasionally, to just lose myself in the studio for a few hours and set myself a few photographic tasks which allow me to work on some of the more technical aspects of photography.

I wasn’t really much of an advocate of science when I was at school and dropped the subject as soon as I could, but I wish I hadn’t now; I get a real buzz out of trying to make light work for me: sculpting, directing diffusing and reflecting it in an attempt to get it to do what I want it to.

It sounds pretty easy but, believe me, light is a pretty uncompromising medium to work with, so you have to be both determined and patient.

The following are examples of the work I’ve been doing recently with coloured glass and smoke:

No comments: