Tuesday 18 November 2008

Time

Where does the time go?

I keep blogging that I'm not as busy as I should be, but then I complain that there aren't enough hours in the day.

The last week has seen me trying (mostly) to keep up with the business of this business: writing back and forth to the Tax dept, debating with Scottish Power over what my bill should be for the very little time I've actually spent in the studio these last five months. This whole discussion was (I hope) brought to a close on Friday when the said electrical supply company realised they were trying to get me to pay for a seperate address! Such was their ineptitude (faxtored up to 10X by the inclusion of loads of misaddressed junk mail and debt-collectors FINAL NOTICE requests, that I have now opted to go with OPUS; they're a helluva lot cheaper and they seem to have my account in order.

Inbetween bouts of bee-like industry on a business level, I've also had the opportunity to take the camera outdoors on a couple of occasions. My poor 5D, 1st time I took the lens cap off the shutter 'squinted' - just not used to seeing daylight these last months.

My mate Sammy and I went to Lanarkshire on Saturday, hunting for some landscape stuff, but it was a waste of time. That area is pretty much flat as a pancake and, with the trees now almost totally denuded, there wasn't much to look at.

On Sunday I had the pleasure of welcoming Samantha, Brian and wee Megan to the studio. I'd had the fortune to get a 'materinity' session with Samantha - just days before she gave birth to the gorgeous wee Megan. Samantha and Brian liked those pics, so i was requested to follow on with a 'Family' shoot at the studio.

This evening I have Maggie Henderson and her Daughter at the studio. I haven't met them yet, but Maggie's daughter hopes to make it in modelling one day and she's asked me to help add some images to her growing portfolio and I'm looking forward to meeting them both later this evening.

Samantha, Brian & Megan





No comments: