Saturday 15 August 2009

All you need for speed.

I had the great experience, recently, of joining my brother-in-law, Glenn, and a few of his biker friends at Knockhill racing circuit for what they call a ‘track night’. This basically consists of bikers being allowed to take their factory spec bikes onto the race track to get a feel of what it would be like to race.

It turned out to be a great evening and, for myself, as educational as it was entertaining: shooting these high speed events involves getting to learn a whole new set of photographic techniques and disciplines such as panning, depth of field, constant changes of focus, etc.

Having processed the pictures, I’m now only too aware of the limitations of my lenses where sport photography is concerned. Still, I now have a better appreciation of the sports photo-journalists’ work – along with a few extra items to add to my camera gear wish list.


Glenn and friends at Knockhill Racing Circuit.





No comments: