Friday 2 January 2009

Polar Opposites

Well, Christmas has come and gone and the New Year is underway and, as usual, the first few days of the new calendar always allow some time for pondering what has gone before, and what is still to come.

20008 was a life-changing year for me and, while it might not have presented the best of starts, it ended in splendid fashion. My wife and I – along with friends Sammy, Sandra, Graeme and Michelle – all flew to the near-equatorial climes of the Canary Islands to sample the sun, sea and San Miguel available in Mas Palomas.

There we were – the 13th December – swimming in the sea and stretching out on the roasting sands at the Islands famous Dune beaches.

Of course, while we spent a lot of time imbibing and eating and, erm, imbibing some more, my camera was never far from hand and I managed to capture some interesting shots.

The culture shock of arriving back in Glasgow on the 15th December has left me with a repetitive nervous tick above my left eye, and it may take a return visit to Gran Canaria to illicit a cure – from the local barman.

While that thought should offer me a little heart-warming fuel with which to negotiate the ‘cauld days ahead, I am left only to thank everyone – family, friends, clients and acquaintances – who helped make 2008 a great, overall success for db-images and myself, and to wish you all a healthy, wealthy and – above all – happy 2009.





1 comment:

Tom Thomson said...

some very nice images there Duncan, i'm really looking forward to seeing what 2009 brings for you :)